It’s been a year since I started giuliettas dot com and while I’ve entertained a few milestones along the way (100 posts, 200 posts etc) , I think this one is pretty big for me. If you told me I was going to accomplish the things I’ve accomplished over the last year I probably wouldn’t have believed you, so I’ll start with the numbers.
- This is my 224th post meaning I’ve posted on average 4.25 times per week.
- My posts average 1000 words, so I’ve written about 224,000 words; 1/3 of ‘War and Peace’ or a little more than the New Testament.
- 112 Market reports have been written covering 115 cars, not counting repeat sales or attempts at sales.
- On March 24th, I had 605 page views, my most ever and about double my 2009 average of 308. 2008 average was 197, not bad for starting from zero!
- If you are reading this on 4/30/09 you are a page view between 85,500 and 86,000 total.
- I have identified 97 Sprint Speciales as existing, 4 as scrapped (but who knows what the future holds).
- My register has grown to include 512 cars, not including reference cars.
Among the other milestones are the following.
- I saved a 1972 Berlina from the crusher. It’s now for sale. $2700. Anyone?
- I successfully rebuilt the original Engine for my Sprint.
- I bought a decent Spider project to keep me over extended.
- I made some progress on the SS.
Let’s not forget the memorable posts featuring the ladies of automobile marketing!
There you have it, one year old and no candles to blow out, no presents to open, just the satisfaction of having done something far above and beyond what I set out to do. Look for T-Shirts and Stickers in the coming months to help support my efforts and a lot more efforts. Thanks for reading and as always, comments are highly appreciated!